User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Some stuff that's been on my mind.

Battle Record
    5-3

Some stuff that's been on my mind.

I just need to empty my brain on some subjects I've been facing recently with my music.

I'm almost completly free of using FruityLoops to make beats.

The only thing i use it for now, is setting up my sample to fit to the tempo, since i havent figured out a solid way to do that in nuendo at the moment.
    But I think I can do it in Battery, i just have to look into it more.
    But I'll be so glad when i get out of FL.

why?
    Because something that alot of people dont know about Reason and FL is that they both have built in compression on the output of the signals, that actually decrease the sound quality, by smooshing the stereo field.

It really becomes apparent when you witness someone who is using hardware, or one of the major software programs make a beat. I've been on the verge of using Nuendo completly and Battery, and Halion for a while now... But some Timbaland studio videos, and that Just Blaze interview sealed my decision to try and go all Nuendo. Those are 2 producers I look up to the most in the game. (Besides Dre. I doubt dre is doing software and hardware integration heavily... but who knows. He's mad secretive.)

Some good things can be made with fruityloops, and some stuff that i have made in the past is proof of that. But there's always that ceiling, because of that compression they add. It would be different if you could switch it on and off. But you can't. Once you run the sound through the sound engine, its a wrap on your "dope ass drums" you just tweeked from that old record you bought.

Do some tests yourself if you dont believe me.
    I did them for myself.

I ran a whole song through Fruityloops

I put "The Watcher" off the Chronic 2001 in windows media, (no enhancements or anything on of course)... played it all the way through 2 times... then put the whole song into Fruity Loops, on a channel, and turned the volume up to 100%... made sure no effects were on anything, and let it play...

Huge difference.
    Do that test for yourself with any commercial quality song, and witness the difference in sound quality.

Another thing i've been tinkering with is running my keyboards through my dbx 586 preamp. Makes a big difference in quality as well, but in a good way. I had heard about alot of producers already doing this, but i never really considered it, until i was told by a big named producer that i needed to try it out, so i can get a thicker sound to some of my non-sampled tracks. I bought some instrument cables, and tried it out, and now everything sounds amazing when it sounded "mundane" before. Makes me want to get some new mic preamps, and compressors, and also some new keyboards.

I'm at the point now, were i feel i have to in order to compete with some of the producers i look up too.

Anyway...

Battle Record
    3-1

Re: Some stuff that's been on my mind.

word man

my boy is a master at fruity
    hes finding it hard to switch to more pro software cause hes so comfortable and used to FL..

but like you said, you gotta step ya game up if you wanna compete with some of the big kats.

imma try running a song thro fruity too..listen to the difference

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

soundbombing

Is this exclusively with FL and Reason?

You've Earned a Custom Title!

I'm using reason and dam... I've been wondering why the FUK it sounds so off pitch and shit when i'm done rendering and finishing the beat as apposed to when I first heard the sounds in the sound bank... That's some shit man... Kinda pisses me the fuck off! Nice thread. Good luck with nuendo I may have to go the same route as you after learning that bit

shut up stupid!
    Battle Record
    1-0

^^ yea after reading that i tried the test and yup...good going...im starting on doing my beats in nuendo to *opens DAW*

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain
    I just need to empty my brain on some subjects I've been facing recently with my music.

I'm almost completly free of using FruityLoops to make beats.

The only thing i use it for now, is setting up my sample to fit to the tempo, since i havent figured out a solid way to do that in nuendo at the moment.
    But I think I can do it in Battery, i just have to look into it more.
    But I'll be so glad when i get out of FL.

why?
    Because something that alot of people dont know about Reason and FL is that they both have built in compression on the output of the signals, that actually decrease the sound quality, by smooshing the stereo field.

It really becomes apparent when you witness someone who is using hardware, or one of the major software programs make a beat. I've been on the verge of using Nuendo completly and Battery, and Halion for a while now... But some Timbaland studio videos, and that Just Blaze interview sealed my decision to try and go all Nuendo. Those are 2 producers I look up to the most in the game. (Besides Dre. I doubt dre is doing software and hardware integration heavily... but who knows. He's mad secretive.)

Some good things can be made with fruityloops, and some stuff that i have made in the past is proof of that. But there's always that ceiling, because of that compression they add. It would be different if you could switch it on and off. But you can't. Once you run the sound through the sound engine, its a wrap on your "dope ass drums" you just tweeked from that old record you bought.

Do some tests yourself if you dont believe me.
    I did them for myself.

I ran a whole song through Fruityloops

I put "The Watcher" off the Chronic 2001 in windows media, (no enhancements or anything on of course)... played it all the way through 2 times... then put the whole song into Fruity Loops, on a channel, and turned the volume up to 100%... made sure no effects were on anything, and let it play...

Huge difference.
    Do that test for yourself with any commercial quality song, and witness the difference in sound quality.

Another thing i've been tinkering with is running my keyboards through my dbx 586 preamp. Makes a big difference in quality as well, but in a good way. I had heard about alot of producers already doing this, but i never really considered it, until i was told by a big named producer that i needed to try it out, so i can get a thicker sound to some of my non-sampled tracks. I bought some instrument cables, and tried it out, and now everything sounds amazing when it sounded "mundane" before. Makes me want to get some new mic preamps, and compressors, and also some new keyboards.

I'm at the point now, were i feel i have to in order to compete with some of the producers i look up too.

Anyway...

no bullshit... thanks... I've been wondering why my joints weren't as loud as they hard when I just fucked with hardware... good look... but I'll peep Halion and battery out and what not...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Awards 25+ Wins

I think I might have a way to solve this problem...

http://www.flstudio.com/help/html/so...s_settings.htm

I was just fucking around trying to see if I could compensate... and maybe I'm wrong but... if you go to options... project general settings... and unclick circular panning law... it gets dramatically louder... I don't know if this is what you were talking about... but the law itself explains what's going on... I also used Jay Z - Kingdom Come... played it and then brought it in fl... sounded the same with that clicked off... I think you may have to unclick it everytime though... but if that solves it... great.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Heat
    I think I might have a way to solve this problem...

http://www.flstudio.com/help/html/so...s_settings.htm

I was just fucking around trying to see if I could compensate... and maybe I'm wrong but... if you go to options... project general settings... and unclick circular panning law... it gets dramatically louder... I don't know if this is what you were talking about... but the law itself explains what's going on... I also used Jay Z - Kingdom Come... played it and then brought it in fl... sounded the same with that clicked off... I think you may have to unclick it everytime though... but if that solves it... great.
    awesome

imma try tommorow

Battle Record
    37-1

*Dead*

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    5-3

http://www.harmony-central.com/artic.../panning_laws/

thats probably the shit i been experiencing with fruityloops... its weird that a panning law could have such an effect on the overall sound of a application.

thats prbably why the rewired fruity sounds better... cuz the panning laws are matched within the master program.

makes perfect sense, but im too tired and semi-drunk to try right now.

Awards 25+ Wins

word... turn it off... sounds great.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3

yea seems like they programmed a gay ass panning law algorithm into the program.
    I was reading up on it last night, and the circular panning law might not be the one i want to use.

But i also dont want to use the triangular panning law that occurs when you turn that switch off, cuz the pans are really low, and the center is really high.

I got to decide which law i want to use...

Battle Record
    37-1

Martial Law

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    17-14

Law from tekken tag?

he is pwnage

wow...I almost cried when I read that FL does that shit...I'm going to have to go home and unclick my stuff now...

thanks a lot yall
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...