User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Better way to organize your ipod?

Battle Record
    12-1

Better way to organize your ipod?

My homie was going to sell me an ipod nano but his brother stole it. Anyway, I copped a classic and I can't figure out how to organize it well. I just add my music to the itunes library, then plug in my ipod and sync it, but some of the album art is missing and some of the albums have tracks out of order. It's irritating me. Help.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Re: Better way to organize your ipod?

Also, what format do movies need to be in for my ipod/itunes to accept it?
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

You've Earned a Custom Title!

For me im kind of a perfectionist so things like album art not being there or album name and shit hardout fuck me off. I like shit to be organised and what i did is just delete all those gay as fuck playlists like top rated, recently added and shit and made all new playlists up the left side of itunes.

I suppose its up to you what you make them but i have all of the albums as my playlist although there is an album section in the ipod itself. But atleast for the prupose of using itunes its much easier to follow. I have a few playlists like "nas/az mix" and shit as well and i just always use the playlists while using the ipod to play music. Makes everything tidier and looking at itunes everythings easy to follow instead of just going down one gigantic ass list in the music library and having retarded little recently added playlists and that sorta shit with only a few songs in them

Lyricologist
    Battle Record
    19-12

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Also, what format do movies need to be in for my ipod/itunes to accept it?
    mp4

Battle Record
    32-8
    Awards 25+ Wins

If you're missing album covers on your iPod...in order for them to actually go on your iPod, you have to delete the songs off your iPod, then on iTunes you have to put the cover on every track of the album...not just one. To do so, right click on one of the tracks and go to "Get Info" then go to the last tab called "Artwork" then find the image and copy and paste it into each track. Then after that is done, re-sync those songs to your iPod. Organization is done for you really though, unless you want to make a palylist for certain times of the day or something.
    Legendary Song - Winter Snow

Battle Record
    32-8
    Awards 25+ Wins

sorry for the double post.
    Legendary Song - Winter Snow

Battle Record
    12-1

Wow this is pissing me off. I put in my American Gangster CD and it separated it, once it got to my ipod. Some tracks were under "various artists" and some were under "Jay-Z." None had the album art. This should be easier. My $35 1 ig mp3 was easier. Wtf. I'm going to bed.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

I don't even give a shit about the album art anymore. I just want all of Jay-Z to be under Jay-Z. I just want the albums to be separated and ordered correctly and I can't manage that on half this shit.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

And wtf@the genres? One Manson album under metal and another under rock. Some albums under HipHop and some under Rap. Seriously, WTF??? Then my itunes is just one long ass list of albums. I can't sleep. I'm going to smoke something and watch an episode of Family Guy to calm down. I have anger issues.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

You've Earned a Custom Title!

You know you can edit the genres and edit everything so it will come under jay z in itunes right? cause how ever everything is set up on itunes is how it will appear on the ipod. When i download albums and put them on quite often some fo the tracks have no artist names, or some will have no album. Thats why i do it by albums so i just copy everything for the album from the library into the corresponding playlist and edit everything in there. Artist,album, genre, album art etc.

Then everythings together on your ipod

Battle Record
    12-1

After some sleep, I'm back. I have a system and everything can be set up exactly how I want. It will be very tedious though, and take forever to get all my music onto my ipod. I'm completely shocked that apple didn't make this easier.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Naw, iPod's work flawlessly to sync all your music, but the music you probably have on your computer isn't from iTunes or a regular or burnt CD, so therefore it may take more effort to get it on your iPod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NIGGAS GETTIN DROPPED!!!

Battle Record
    12-1

I figured shit bought from the itunes store would work right. My CDs are getting slaughtered though. My American Gangster was so scattered that I just deleted it all. The illegal downloads go in better than the CDs I bought.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

tip of the day: select multiple tracks at once. Right click and select Get Info in order to update multiple tracks at the same time. It will only update the settings that you have checked and leave the rest as is. That's the quickest way to reorganize. You can do this to edit any info including album art over multiple tracks.

Also, if an album is separated or out of order you need to make sure the tracks have the same album artist.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

also dont delete your recently added playlist. Use that playlist to edit your recently added music without needing to find all the unorganized tracks in your library.

And there's no reason to create playlists for individual albums.