User Tag List

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Showing results 241 to 255 of 383

Thread: Legendary Chat

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

Re: Legendary Chat

monthly would dilute Legends. I think doing a limited number of induction periods would be better instead of a constant free for all. Perhaps every 4 months?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    40-7

and I'm gonna institute the skunk rule. If a member gets 6 straight no votes without any yes's, or if a piece gets 7 straight no's without any yes's (other than the nomination), I'm gonna close it.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

do it^

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

HOF shouldn't be the only place to get text pieces... Hof is flawed too.

Battle Record
    40-7

I agree, but there will always be room for error. If something epic gets overlooked, you can always PM one of us and we'll go over it, but I like the structure of picking from HOF+only inducting things occasionally (kinda like sports HOFs do). Right now this free-for-all is fine because there were a few years of people denying everything, but I'd like to move to a set system sooner than later.

OKay, I was asked by King to sticky the 4 threads, then someone took them down. Next time, let's fucking let EVERYONE know what's going on. I HATE someone going back and editing my shit, so don't ask me to do it anymore. King, you asshole!

Battle Record
    26-9

I still feel we should go over classic pieces. Lucky Brand Me for instance... greatest thing I've read on RB

Battle Record
    40-7

I'm open to the idea, if we can get a panel to go over them in each area.

But instead of removing them from Legends altogether (they were voted in, after all), perhaps we should subcategorize them into an era of some sort. Like Neruda was saying, I like the idea of being able to look back at the progression of this board through what was considered Legendary, and although some pieces are terribly mediocre, at one time they were (apparently) the cream of the crop for that area. Separate the Rodinias from the Pangaeas nah mean

Battle Record
    26-9

no, we aren't deleting anything... I'm talking about classic pieces that never got nomed.

Battle Record
    40-7

oh ok, then yeah, feel free to nominate lol. I haven't been here long enough to personally be involved with that, but I'll definitely nominate current people/pieces when they catch my eye

Battle Record
    26-9

I also want this forum clean... we can't have more than 1 page... shit, 1 full page is almost too much.

Not sure how to get people voting.

Battle Record
    40-7

spam. and yeah, that's why I want the skunk rule - I'll write up Nahlidge's and Token's page tomorrow and we can move those threads (along with RIP Katie). Then there will be a few getting closed soon here (Arch, my OM, and I'm Ill). It'll be nice and tidy soon.

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

@Augwurd, I asked you too sticky a thread in ABL letting people know about the nominations. not to sticky the threads in here.

Battle Record
    40-7

also, I'll be doing a monthly wrap-up mag type of a deal that highlights the inductees, which will be posted in the Lounge and (preferably) in league subforums. Just try to generate interest in Legends, hopefully more voters will come through

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

and the more i think about putting a system together with HoF n shit, the more i don't like it at all.

if we wait a month to do noms, or 4 months, or a year, there's too good of a chance that shit will get overlooked or that the system will just fall apart all together. we'd have to rely on a lot of different people in order for that to work, and that's basically begging for failure. we would have to assume that every mod in every forum is on top of the HoF shit every month/week/day, we'd have to assume that they don't go ghost, and we'd have to assume that Oat n I won't go ghost. not to mention by doing time intervals we're basically forcing shit to NOT get nominated for X amount of time. idk, sounds good in theory but i don't think it will work out.

there's no way all of that is going to happen. we're doing it the right way now. for a while this section was just out of sight, out of mind. lately that's definitely not been the case.