User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: WK08: Contendership Match (3-3) Slayerr vs. (3-3) Bahriman (Bahriman Wins)

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

WK08: Contendership Match (3-3) Slayerr vs. (3-3) Bahriman (Bahriman Wins)

Regular Battle
    Punches due NO DUE DATES
    Voting ends on NO DUE DATES

Rebuttal Option

both competitors must agree to it at time of check-in
    format is A, B, B, A (A posts first, B drops next, B posts follow-up, A drops final bar)

You have 24hrs from when battle was set to agree on rebuttal battle

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

@Slayerr.
    @Bahriman

Battle Record
    8-5

Re: WK08: Contendership Match (3-3) Slayerr vs. (3-3) Bahriman

Check

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Sent my bar to wuxia

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Slayerr is good to go. He sent his bar in.

Battle Record
    8-5

Aka Purity

You aint dope & could get wrapped up quick if you gloat
    We dont feel Pure lines, even after sniffing a gram of coke

Battle Record
    32-6

Abused a minor, stripped her pride n now she exercises the 2nd to make you obsolete
    Reap what you sow…
    Coz now she’s grown n celebrating the 18th by leaving bahr dead on the side of the street

Battle Record
    14-41
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted SOTW

Re: WK08: Contendership Match (3-3) Slayerr vs. (3-3) Bahriman (OPEN FOR VOTES)

IDK I Wasnt feeling slayer here. Abit lengthy, im missing something probably. lmk if theres an innuendo there, probably smth about bar and being 18 yo? but it was stretched. I didnt like bahriman either it was super simple but i got it

v bahr

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smog's Avatar
    Battle Record
    66-52
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 25+ Wins FL Champion 1-2 Season Champion

Ehh, I really thought was real simple and predictable, but slayer I felt stretched his joint out a little too much for it to hit hard. I see the creativity tho but here in a close call imma edge it to bahr.

Battle Record
    32-6

Slayerr came off somewhat topical here, with a nicely executed closed, but the build and payoff were so far and apart in terms of how long it took for the punch to deliver that it made it difficult to really get behind. Bahriman was simple. Just too simple. Whereas Slayerr was dealing with an exaggerated longbar, Bahriman was dealing with an exaggerated shortbar. There wasn't enough in the setup to keep me invested in the punchline. So between the two, with their own shortcomings, I would say I was feeling Slayerr's more based on the effort he put into it from setup to closer, despite the length of the bar. Because on the other end Bahriman didn't do that much to package in his nameflip.

V-Slayerr

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

I feel like it's more preference than anything. You have a short bar punch vs long bar. Slayer did that one thing I'm not really a fan by using a third line to help setup the punch. I always kinda felt like even though it's short it feels like cheating in a two line/one bar league. The whole "dead on the side of the street" thing is a bit done as well. It's 2023. Everyone has said they'll leave their enemy dead by now. On the other hand, I kinda dug the cocaine line but I also know I've seen that shit before too. Maybe not word for word but cocaine lines have definitely been done before. I will say I appreciate it being more direct vs Slayer's which dragged a bit and almost came off more like a statement than a punch. Vote Bahr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Bahriman was straight to the point. Maybe more than he should have been. Slayerr took the long way around and did a little too much. Both Punchlines were similar in that aspect. Hah. I'll take Bahriman.

Battle Record
    1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Preston and Ivy View Post
    Bahriman was straight to the point. Maybe more than he should have been. Slayerr took the long way around and did a little too much. Both Punchlines were similar in that aspect. Hah. I'll take Bahriman.
    Me too. Bahriman was easier to read for me this time. Slayerr was confusing not because I didn't get it but because there was a a lot crammed into it. I had to put more effort into making it work for me.

Battle Record
    32-6

5-1 Bahriman wins